Sexual abuse is one of the most devastating types of situations that anyone can experience. First, we want to clarify the definition of “Sexual Abuse” as the infliction of sexual contact upon a person by force. Also, a sex crime involves unwanted touching of a body part, namely a person’s genitals, groin, buttocks, anus, or breasts.
It is essential to understand that not all sex crimes involve physical contact. For example, another type can be stalking. For this reason, not only do sexual abuse victims often have physical injuries, but the trauma that they experience can have a lasting impact on their mental and emotional health.
All sexual abuse is unacceptable, and you must know that you are not alone. At The Justice Brothers, we handle these types of Sexual Abuse Claims:
- Unwanted sexual requests
- Taking/distributing sexual photos or videos without permission
- Exposing genitals or forcing someone else to expose themselves
- Forcing someone else to view pornographic material
- Unwanted oral sex
- Unwanted sexual touching
- Forced or non-consensual penetration
Some of the most common places where sexual abuse happens are:
- Medical facilities (hospitals, nursing homes, or home health)
- Religious institutions
- Community organizations (nonprofit)
- Colleges (sorority and fraternity houses)
- At home (domestic violence)
However, these types of abuses can happen anywhere. Therefore, we always recommend contacting a lawyer if you are not sure if you are a victim of a sexual abuse case. Sexual abuse perpetrators can be held criminally responsible but can also be sued in civil court. We recognize that these specific cases are uncomfortable and hurt a victim’s dignity, but you can protect yourself with the right company and legal representation.
Call us today; we are ready to fight for the compensation you deserve. Our phone number is: (866) 582-1129 or visit us in one of our offices:
- Los Angeles (Main office)
- San Bernardino / Riverside